- Here’s mine!
Instead of making a million New Years resolutions that usually end in “that was a good idea until” or “It lasted a week and then” - I’ve decided that it’s more important to just do - on the spot- in the moment- or it’ll be just that… a resolution.
What’s that mean? Is she nuts? Probably…
I’ve thought of a couple of things I really need to do in order to be truly happy. It’s an ever changing list so it’ll never be complete. My secret is just doing them in a timely manner or spur of the moment… giving me the feeling of accomplishment due to the fact that I’m actually accomplishing something! So. Simple. The first thing I need to do is get the heck out of dodge- take a small extended weekend.
- ding ding…
First accomplishment of 2014- booked a flight to New York City for February this morning at 8:00am. I’ve got a month to get my ducks in a row- then this little bitty is flying the coop! Nothing fancy, I’ll probably just take a small leather carry on and a change of shoes in the event a dinner outing presents itself- one that doesn’t consist of carryout.
How does it feel to have accomplished something you’ve been meaning to do for the last couple of months- GREAT! I feel like I’m making time for myself, doing something I seriously enjoy.
I’ve got this resolution thing in the bag.
Happy New Years everyone!
1. They met at a Sushi Bar- he insulted her pants- twice.
2. The day he proposed she was insanely crabby and they went for french onion soup.
3. Sometimes they stay up all night talking about nothing at all.
4. The first time he said he loved her they were in the kitchen dancing in the dark.
5. He gets a sparkle in his eyes when he’s excited about something.
6. He catches her every time she comes home with shopping bags and asks “is this new”
7. Her answer is always “no”
8. They’ve moved every year since they’ve been together, She’s got packing down to a science.
9. She claim’s to be better at managing expenses.
10. She can’t fall asleep unless he’s home.
11. She pretends to be asleep on Saturday mornings so he’ll take the dog out.
12. He hates when she wears business clothes.
13. She dislike most types of seafood and meat and is not very “food” adventurous.
14. He’ll usually try anything once.
15. She’s been trying to get him to move to NYC for the last two years, with no avail.
16. They’re favorite time spent is in bed reading/blogging with the dog laying between them.
17. She still get butterflies.
18. She hate going to movies, he loves them.
19. They get stuck on the same food groups for a period of time.
20. He regularly asks if her hair is clean, her reply is usually “no”
21. She always ask for a glass of water after the lights are out. She tells him she’s got dry bones. It always works.
22. She’s horrible at remembering to recycle.
23. They love watching documentaries.
24. She’s never been out of the country.
25. He’s traveled the world on scuba diving trips and lived in London.
26. She can’t wait to be a rockstar mom.
27. She still can’t figure out how to turn the tv on and needs assistance.
28. He loves taking naps and she doesn’t.
29. They both love their dog henry like he’s an only child.
30. They will only take rescue dogs.
31. They’ve got seriously different tastes in music.
32. She gets REALLY crabby when she’s tired.
33. He needs a good fifteen minutes after he wakes up before they discuss serious issues.
34. They both love spicy food.
35. She likes always being on time.
36. She is a sucker for gelato - all kinds.
37. They like to plan their future but realize life happens on a daily basis and never happens as planned.
38. They rarely text during the day.
39. She usually calls him on the way home from work.
40. He needs a man cave.
41. He hates the suburbs.
42. They’ve always lived in the city.
43. He hates backseat drivers.
44. She’s totally a backseat driver.
45. She loves old black and white classic movies.
46. He hates it when she eats in bed.
47. She truly enjoys his company.
48. They both use nicknames more frequently than real names.
49. They both feel lucky to have found one another.
50. They are excited for the future together.